Sunday, September 11, 2011

Hwange Safari Lodge - 11 September 2011


Sunday 11 September 2011

Fantastic night at the Protea Hotel  Kalimo Mulilo – one comment though was service was seriously lacking – anyway we are in Africa and its sort of expected – a short day today with only 380 kms – The Ngomba Bridge which is the border out of Namibia and into Botswana went so smoothly no problems.  We saw loads of Elephants whilst driving through the Chobe Game Reserve, a lonesome Giraffe and a single sable antelope – so not much but 300% more than we saw in the Game Reserve through Namibia. 

We exited Botswana with a huge interest in our vehicle from the customs officials – all of them came outside and individually had their photographs taken next to Modesty – what lovely people.  Not sure what the Zimbabwean had eaten for breakfast or how come the change in attitude – but an absolute pleasure – off we went to Victoria Falls.

Okay so now I have a bit of a wingeing session about MEN – Chris managed to literally smash the front left fender of the bumper whilst trying to attempt a sharp turn into the garage.  I sad nothing – the funny thing about this is – If I was driving and this had happened I would have been shat on and my driving skills would have been put on the line, I never said anything and again this was wrong however if I had apologized on his behalf I would have been shat on and told in no uncertain terms that it was merely a accident – after filling the car we pulled out towards Hwange PLEASE remember I had said not a word about the small accident and about 6 kms out I was accused of being scratchy – so I guess saying nothing does not work, saying something, does not work, being the driver does not work –so fuck knows what us woman can do to get it right.

The Hwange Safari Lodge must have been built in the sixties and no changes to the place – its pleasant but needs desperate refurbishment – We hope to see a lot of game and relax in the next day – as we have one day of rest and recuperation before we head off to ferry on Tuesday morning.  If anything really exiting happens tomorrow I shall let you know.  

2 comments:

  1. LOL.... Sandy, your driving skills are undoubtedly marvelous as we have experienced in Dar. It so nice to read your trip updates, it feels like i am there too ;). Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi guys, my first look at your blog. how are you? where are you? Are you two still in luv??????

    ReplyDelete